In order to better match the vision and development of MIH, after discussion and reorganization by the Chairman, members and internal committees, the former "Next Generation Communications" has been renamed "Global Connectivity", and the following are the related organizational and planning updates:
As electric vehicle development gradually moves toward a highly software-defined regime, and along with the increasing demands from autonomous driving as well as IVI system, it is expected that connectivity applications will be a major topic in the EV industry. To achieve this vision subject to the E-mobility requirements, full-time and seamless global communications will inevitably become a key enabler for the full-scale deployment of connectivity applications in the MIH EV platform development.
The interest group will focus on global connectivity development, co-chair will lead group members to research and define its various use cases and requirements. The objective is to integrate satcom and V2V communications to release global connectivity solutions including architecture and standards for MIH EV platform.
Tron Future Tech Inc. CEO Yu-Jiu Wang
Contact window :
Principle Engineer Chang-Heng Wang
Project Manager Steven Chen
MIH Team Leaders:
Steve Pao, Shock Tung
Define use cases and requirements, and develop global connectivity solutions and standards.
- Regular discussion meetings will be held every 2weeks via MS teams. Duration is 1hour but possible to extend if necessary.
- Co-chair window person will upload meeting minutes and meeting material to Google cloud space and release to group members as follow-ups reference.
- Co-chair will base on meeting minutes follow-ups items to request specific group member report latest progress.
- If the group members have new proposals, please provide related information to co-chair windows 2 days prior to the meeting to update discussion topics.
Concept documents output:
- MIH global communications use scenarios
- MIH global communications architecture
- MIH global communications terminal standard interface and power requirements
- MIH global communications terminal performance requirements
- MIH global communications terminal qualifications standard
Q4: Submit a concept paper of global communications use cases
Q1: Submit technical architecture paper of global communications
Q2: Demonstrate automotive user terminal solution of global communications
Submit specification guidelines of global communications terminals
Q3: Submit test standard guidelines of global communications terminals
(Adjusted according to the actual situation)